Restaurant: Cava Grill
Location visited: 6181 Old Dobbin Ln, Columbia, MD 21045
Chipotle-style Mediterranean food… I mean what else can you really ask for? We’re beyond excited that Cava Grill decided to open up near our neighborhood and what makes it even more exciting is that it’s RIGHT NEXT TO CHIPOTLE! You basically go down the line and choose what you want… they’re fast, efficient, fresh, and affordable!
We absolutely love it. You have a choice of doing grains, greens or a mixture of both for your base. We went with the combination of brown rice and spinach (or arugula!) for the greens. They have several protein options (veggies for you vegetarians out there) but I think the clear winner right now is the spicy lamb meatballs. Seriously… it is UH-MAZING. Outside of that, you get to choose up to 3 different spreads (personally love their tzatziki, eggplant, and hummus), toppings, and dressings to make your very own heaven in a bowl.
Not only do you get to eat this hearty meal… but you can also pair it with one (or try them all– FREE REFILLS FTW) of their homemade juices (or teas)! It changes from time to time (per season?) but right now your choices are:
- Unsweetened black tea (okay, fine… this is always in season)
- Vanilla Bean Limeade (made with real crushed vanilla beans!)
- Peach Green Tea (A juicy, antioxidant-rich sip brightened with a hint of honey)
- Watermelon Mint (My absolute favorite! It’s so refreshing!!)
- Raspberry Black Tea (An unsweetened sip enlivened with the tang of fresh raspberries)
- Kale Apple Cucumber Ginger (Haven’t tried this yet…)
If sodas are more up your alley, then they have that too!
We’ll definitely be going back for more quick eats… Welcome to the Columbia neighborhood, Cava!